Nourishing Green Pesto
Basil is one of the oldest herbs known to mankind and has several magical health benefits. It has compounds that can help to alleviate anxiety and depression. Every time I smell fresh basil I am instantly calmed.
My Nourishing Green Sauce is my special take on a vegan pesto. I use it weekly on my gluten-free pasta. It’s also lovely drizzled over roasted veggies, tacos and the list goes on.
– 2 Cups Fresh Basil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 1 Cup Kale (De-Stemmed)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 1 Juiced Lemon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Pinch of Black Pepper⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 1/4 Cup Hemp Seeds⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
– 2 Large Garlic Cloves⠀⠀⠀
1 Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth
2 Add water or more Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste (Depending on the consistency you are going for)